Sunday, January 24, 2010

Colleen's Stomach

* What is your favorite food to cook/eat? Calamari
* Is there an ingredient you can’t imagine cooking without? Red Onions
* What ingredient are you most intimidated by? Indian Spices
* What cuisine would you most like to try making? Getting Thai right.
* Do you have a signature dish or specialty? I make a decent choccie cake and have a great Christmas cake recipe and when in SA I am the Queen of Calamari
* Is there a dish you’ve always wanted to try to make? sushi (I have the bamboo rolling mats but have never attempted it)
* Do you like to improvise, or do you tend to follow a recipe from start to finish? When making a dish for the first time, I tend to follow the recipe for 90%, but then I do tend to improvize the next times. Same as Nicky on this one, although I have never been afraid to leave out or add ingredients depending what is in the cupboard!
* If you had to choose, would you rather make dessert or a savory dish? Prob savory as I have been known to make tremendous but mostly edible flops with desserts!
* On a scale of 1-10, how adventurous are your eating habits? a 10, Maybe an 8, I am not sure I would eat dog or frogs legs or grasshoppers but have eaten snails and ostrich and quite a bit of venison including bushpig.
* Do you like to try lots of new foods and ingredients? I tend to get in a cooking rut and with time being an issue find I bang out the same family favourites. Would love to be more adventourous and creative.
* Is there a food you absolutely hate? Some I am not keen on (oysters and brussel sprouts) but not that I really hate.
* Are there any foods you can’t eat? nope

1 comment: