Monday, February 8, 2010

February's Theme

Hi Fellow Foodies
I have trawled the web and finally found a suitably foodie quote using the word LEMON. Here it is:
“Huge lemons, cut in slices, would sink like setting suns into the dusky sea, softly illuminating it with their radiating membranes, and its clear, smooth surface aquiver from the rising bitter essence.”
Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926)

So, to continue....the theme for the next eattalkcook meeting is Lemons.

I have given some thought to my dishes and will definitely have calamari served with lemon mayonnaise and fresh lemon wedges, I will serve this as a starter. I would also like to make a spring vegetable and lemon risotto as part of the starch. Please feel free to add your dishes so that we can feast in what will soon be true eattalkcook tradition.

xx Colleen 

1 comment:

  1. @colleen: both dates work for me. The theme is so tantalising!!! I will bring a moroccan preserved lemon & chicken tajine. Calamari is one of my most favourite things and I'm looking forward to eating it from the queen of calamari herself

    @clare: if the guys have to bring a plate, is that with or without food? Just checking as I'm sure douwe would want to interpret that as without...

    @mascha: since you'll be missing 2 months, we could put together a consolation box of a little bit of everything :)

    ReplyDelete